Geographical Facts about Hawaii Island
- Hawaii Island's size is 4,028 sq. miles.
- The Island is so big that the other Hawaiian Islands could fit on it almost twice.
- The Big Island is home to the tallest sea mountain in the world, Maunakea, which is taller than Mt. Everest.
- Kilauea is also on The Big Island, which is one of the world's most active vocanoes and it has been erupting continuously since 1983.
- There are many different environments in Hawaii Island, including fern forests, cool, misty breezes, sunny lava plains, and dry heat.